|Grosse Pointe Woods Michigan (MI)|
Crosspointe Christian Church
Established in 1897.
On January 1, 1897, 82 members of the Mission of the First German Baptist Church decided to organize as a regular German Baptist Church. The church was located at Grandy and Trombley in Detroit. In 1913 a new church was constructed to better prepare for future ministry. The new building was locaated at Newland and Chapin in Detroit. In 1947 property was purchased at the current location on Mack in Grosse Pointe Woods and the cornerstone was laid on July 11, 1955. The first service in the new building was held on Easter Sunday, April 10, 1955. Over the years, the church has been called Third German-American Baptist Church of Detroit, Newland Avenue Baptist Church, Burns Avenue Baptist Church, Grosse Pointe Baptist Church and with a congregation vote in 2011 the name was changed to Crosspointe Christian Church.
|Tags: Adult Choir AWANA College/Careers Ministry Ladies Ministries Martial Arts Michigan Non-denominational Orchestra|
|This link in a frame||Preview|
|Rating: 0.00 (0 votes) Rate this link|
|Bookmark and share this link:|
Powered by Ekklesia-Online