News of Interest to Bible Believers
|What The Bible Says Good Samaritan's Penny Pulpit by Pastor Ed Rice|
Msg #2124 Know Sin, Know Salvation
What The Bible Says
Good Samaritan's Penny Pulpit by Pastor Ed Rice
Know sin, Know salvation; No sin, No salvation. The Apostle Paul sites “it is written” for seventeen indictments of sin. He does not cite chapter and verse because the Bible's chapter divisions were made in the 13th century, and verse divisions were made for printing convenience in the 16th century. But with a little Bible study we can site chapter and verse for his full seventeen count indictment:
1) That they are all under sin;As it is written, 2) There is none righteous, no, not one: Ps 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
3) There is none that understandeth, 4) There is none that seeketh after God. Ps 14:2 The LORD looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God.
5) They are all gone out of the way, Isa 52:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; ...
6) They are together become unprofitable; Job 22:2 Can a man be profitable unto God, as he that is wise may be profitable unto himself?
7) There is none that doeth good, no, not one. Ps 14:3 They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
8) Their throat is an open sepulchre; 9) With their tongues they have used deceit; Ps 5:9 For there is no faithfulness in their mouth; their inward part is very wickedness; their throat is an open sepulchre; they flatter with their tongue.
10) The poison of asps is under their lips: Ps 140:3 They have sharpened their tongues like a serpent; adders’ poison is under their lips. Selah.
11) Whose mouth is full of cursing and …12) Whose mouth is full of bitterness: Ps 10:7 His mouth is full of cursing and deceit and fraud: under his tongue is mischief and vanity.
13) Their feet are swift to shed blood: Pr 1:16 For their feet run to evil, and make haste to shed blood.
14) Destruction and ...Ps 1:6 For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.
15) Misery are in their ways...Ec 8:6 Because to every purpose there is time and judgment, therefore the misery of man is great upon him.
16) And the way of peace have they not known: Isa 57:20-21 But the wicked are like the troubled sea, when it cannot rest, whose waters cast up mire and dirt. There is no peace, saith my God, to the wicked.
17) There is no fear of God before their eyes. Ps 36:1 The transgression of the wicked saith within my heart, that there is no fear of God before his eyes.
Many professors are not possessors because they never really knew sin. Know sin, Know salvation; No sin, No salvation.
An Essay for week #24 - Jun 13, 2021
Msg in audio at www.GSBaptistChurch.com/audio
Copyright © 2021 Good Samaritan Baptist Church, All Public Domain, Freely Copy and Distribute.
Good Samaritan Baptist Church
54 Main St. Box 99
Dresden, NY 14441
|Tags: Penny Pulpit|
|Print this article|
|Rating: 0.00 (0 votes) Rate this article|
|Bookmark and share this article:|
Powered by Ekklesia-Online